Human Geography (MSc) - tracks
An education in the social sciences will impart a broad range of skills that easily translate into a multitude of careers.
Specific career examples from alumni of the Human Geography programme:
- Project Employee Sustainability at Amsterdam Innovation Motor (AIM promotes innovation, cooperation and new business in the Amsterdam region)
- Geography teacher at a secondary school
- Geographic Information Systems expert at Dutch water board
- Science Coordinator at UNU-EHS: United Nations University, Institute for Environment and Human Security
- Director Viafrica Foundation (ICT service and projects in Africa)
To support you in your career goals, the University offers a variety of resources:
GSSS Career Event
Twice a year the GSSS hosts a Career Event, where you can meet organisation representatives and alumni, and receive helpful tips and feedback about searching for a job as a graduate.
UvA Careers Centre (LAC)
The career advisers at the UvA Student Careers Centre can help students with information, workshops and individual vocational counselling to find out what you want, get insight into your capabilities and competencies, make choices and improve your application skills in order to achieve your goals.
With an increasing number of international students each year, the UvA is truly an international university. UvA graduates from all over the world find their way to interesting careers, whether in the Netherlands or abroad. The Student Careers Centre is specialised in advising international (non-Dutch) UvA graduates about job seeking in the international labour market.
Visit our Career Site
You will find more information about career support and career prospects on the Career Site Social Sciences.