Loving Day Thesis Prize 2017
Loving Day is a platform for researchers and others interested in mixed relationships and families. Annually, on 12 June, Loving Day organises academic and public activities.
About Loving Day
Loving Day wants to stimulate and support young academics who conduct research on mixed families and relationships. The Loving Day Thesis Prize is therefore instated to reward the best thesis written for a Dutch university about bi-racial/multi-ethnic relationships. On 12 June 2017 the first edition of the Loving Day Thesis Prize will be celebrated during the Loving Day activities.
Candidates for the Loving Day Thesis Prize 2017 need to have written a thesis:
- for a university Master's in any discipline
- about mixed relationships (families, couples and children/persons with bi-racial/multi-ethnic backgrounds)
- written in English or Dutch
- finished between 1 September 2015 and 31 Januari 2017 at a Dutch university
- accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the thesis coordinator.
The winner of the Loving Day Thesis Prize 2017 will receive:
- an announcement of winning this award on his or her resumé
- a 200 euros book certificate/package
- free participation in the public evening event of Loving Day 2017
- an invitation for a presentation on the academic afternoon of Loving Day 2017.
Candidates for the Loving Day Thesis Prize need to be nominated before 15 February 2017. Send the thesis and a recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.