Scholarships for Student Representatives - Bestuursbeurzen
Graduate School of Social Sciences
GSSS students that are members of a programme committee (opleidingscommissie) or another official student representative body, such as the Facultaire Studentenraad can apply for a bestuursbeurs (scholarship for student representatives).
The amount of the scholarship for a one-year period as a student representative is equal to two months of student funding by the IBG (mostly Dutch students) or about EUR 500 for students with no right to Dutch student funding. It will be less if the period was shorter than a year. The scholarship will be paid in one instalment after the end of the period of student representation.
Students need to apply for this scholarship with Student Services directly. If you need help filling out the form, please consult the registrar. There are conditions for receiving the bestuursbeurs, for details please check the form and/or send an email to the address below. Some of the conditions are as follows:
The conditions for receiving the bestuursbeurs are as follows:
- Applicants need to be registered as full-time students
- Applicants need to be a member of an official body of student representation and need to have proof of that (a letter by the relevant body stating the membership)
- Applicants need to apply for the scholarship within three months after the end of their period of representation work through the official form (which is in Dutch, please ask a programme manager or the Registrar to assist you if needed)
- Applicants need an overview from the IBG stating the amount of their student funding or, if they do not receive student funding from IBG, need to specify this in an accompanying letter
- Applicants need to enclose an official overview of their study results (available from the Registrar)
There are several application forms, depending on the sort of representative body. They are available on the UvA website (search for 'bestuursbeurs') and at the Student Services at REC. Please submit this form with all necessary enclosures to Student Services/Student Counsellors.
For questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about scholarships for GSSS students? Please be referred to the scholarships overview.