Application Procedure and Admission Criteria
Below you can find all of the information on how to apply to one of our summer programmes. Please read the information below before you click the "Apply 2019" button.
On this page:
Students should hold a minimum GPA of 7.5 to participate in the summer school. Professionals should show relevant experience and a concrete way they’ll apply learnings in their work. For more information about the Dutch grading scale, visit the Study in Holland website.
The application fee is €25 and can be paid by credit card.
Admissions decisions will only be communicated via email for early admission in the first week of February, and for regular admission one month after the application deadline. Please have the following supporting documents ready to upload to the online application form, and select the appropriate programme from the dropdown menu:
- A scan of your passport
- A copy of your transcripts
- An up-to-date copy of your CV/Resume
- A letter of motivation of approximately 400 – 500 words stating your commitment and curiosity about the concepts of sexuality and gender, and the importance of an interdisciplinary approach when studying the role of these concepts in different social and cultural contexts. Further, explain why you wish to participate, what you hope to learn, and your relevant educational and/or professional experience in the field of study. Note: this is the most important part of your application.
Once you submit your applicaiton and pay the fee, you'll hear back from us as soon as possible! if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com. In all communications, be sure to include your full name and state the programme you're applying for.
OKP and MENA admission deadline
- OKP and MENA admission deadline for all programmes is 21 October 2018. Please see the Scholarships page for the admissions process.
Early admission deadline
- Early admissions deadlines for all programmes is 10 January 2019.
The Summer Programmes Office is offering early admission to applicants. There are many benefits to early admission: plan your summer in advance, take advantage of booking airfare at lower prices, and secure university provided housing. All students who apply by 10 January 2019 will be considered for early admission. Admission decisions will be made by 1 February and communicated soon after. If you are successful, you must confirm your attendance and pay by 1 March to secure your place in the course and housing. Students who are not offered early admission will be automatically considered in the general admission period.
Regular admission deadline
15 March 2019