GSSS Kick-off event 2022-2023
On Friday, the 2nd of September from 15:00 to 17:00, the Graduate School of Social Sciences (GSSS) will welcome all new students starting a Master’s programme with a panel discussion and welcome reception, which will take place on campus in C1.04 and can also be attended via livestream.
Academic Integrity Today
Dr. Annette Freyberg-Inan on the important and much debated topic of academic integrity.
Ethical Guidelines for Students
GSSS Ethical Guidelines for Students 2021-2022.
Policy on Free Speech and Safe Space
Code of conduct
This code of conduct applies to all staff and students at the UvA.
- Staff and students must treat everyone who works and/or studies at the UvA with politeness and respect.
- Staff and students must be alert to undesirable behaviour.
- Staff and students must always challenge undesirable behaviour either by talking directly to the person in question or by seeking help from a third party.
- Staff and students are encouraged to report their complaints.
- The submission of a complaint must never have negative consequences for the complainant.
- All reports are treated as strictly confidential.
- All formal complaints will be investigated objectively and thoroughly.
- Appropriate corrective measures will be taken as soon as possible against anyone within the organisation who harasses another person or causes offence on the basis of gender, beliefs or origin.
This code of conduct applies to all UvA staff and students in their behaviour towards:
- UvA staff and students
- others working for the UvA, such as visiting lecturers, secondees, trainees and agency workers
- employees of third parties, i.e. hired and agency workers working on UvA premises
- visitors to the UvA
See also Article 1.12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch universities (CAO NU).