Please see below for more information about your registration in Studielink.
For information in Dutch please check the Studielink section on our Dutch site.
Before you start your registration in Studielink, you will first need to check your DigiD and read the step-by-step guide to Studielink:
1. Check your DigiD (before starting in Studielink)
A DigiD (Digital Identification) is an online ID (username and password) that provides access to government administration websites.
- Students who do not live in the Netherlands can use Studielink without a DigiD.
- Students who currently live in the Netherlands will need their DigiD to use Studielink. We strongly recommend you to apply for your DigiD at least three weeks before registering in Studielink.
2. Read the step-by-step guide to Studielink
Before starting your enrolment application in Studielink, read the 'Step-by-step guide to Studielink'.
In addition to the ‘Step-by-step guide to Studielink’, please read here for some more important and useful information regarding your enrolment application in Studielink:
- Please note that the programme names in Studielink may differ from the ones used on our website. Download the list with programme and Studielink names (see below) for a check.
- Select the main Programme name in Studielink. Do not select the programme name with option Free curriculum or Optional course. If these are selected, your application will not be processed.
Applying for a specialisation/track?
If you wish to apply for a specialisation/track, please choose the study programme name first. After confirming the study programme and starting date you will be asked to indicate the specialisation/track.
Applying for a second programme?
- If you wish to apply for a second programme, please add another Enrolment application/Verzoek tot inschrijving, using the same Studielink account.
- If you wish to apply for a second specialisation/track of the same programme, please register in Studielink for one specialisation/track only. You can select your second track when you submit your application in our online application system MyInfo.
3. Submit enrolment application in Studielink
After registering in Studielink you will receive several emails:
- Confirmation of your Studielink registration:
The first email you will receive will confirm your registration in Studielink.
- UvA student number:
The UvA receives the registration details from Studielink on a daily basis on working days. After these details have been imported in the UvA administration, you will receive an email with your UvAnetID. You will need this ID for your application in MyInfo. Whilst awaiting the ID, you can already start working on your MyInfo application (see the next step).
Other messages you may expect to receive:
- Verification of personal details
Studielink will try to verify your personal details. If your personal details cannot be automatically verified, Studielink will ask you to send a copy of your passport to the UvA administration.
Please note that, for this step, you can await the admissions decision first. If and when you are admitted, you will need to send a copy of your passport, valid for the duration of your studies, to the UvA administration.
- Verification and evaluation of diplomas
Studielink will try to verify your educational background. Your diploma cannot be automatically verified if you obtained or will obtain a non-Dutch diploma. Studielink will then send you an email indicating that your diploma needs to be verified and evaluated.
After you submitted your application in MyInfo, the verification and evaluation of your diploma will be taken care of by the Admissions Office of the Graduate School of Social Sciences. Please make sure you submit your application with all needed documents in MyInfo on time.
If and when you are admitted unconditionally, the Admissions Office will inform the UvA administration of your acceptance and that your diploma is verified and evaluated.
- Status updates
From both the UvA and Studielink you will receive emails on a regular basis as long as your enrolment is not completed.